- 780 Views
3 months ago
02 Jun, 2023
Natural Justice: Lawyers for Communities and the Environment is a non-profit organisation, specialising in human rights and environmental law, operating in several countries in Africa, at the pan Africa level and influencing global processes. We are a team of progressive legal practitioners and activists who conduct comprehensive research on environmental and human rights law, stand behind communities and local organisations, provide technical advice to governments and intergovernmental organisations, engage in key campaigns and in key international processes in pursuit of social and environmental justice. Natural Justice is headquartered in Cape Town with and has three regional Hubs based in Senegal, Kenya and South Africa.
Based in either Cape Town, Nairobi or Dakar, Natural Justice seeks to appoint an
Natural Justice seeks an experienced, full-time professional, familiar with and passionate about the field of environmental justice and with proven management and not-for-profit leadership experience in Africa.
The successful candidate is expected to provide leadership and oversight on all of Natural Justice’s key functions (programmatic, financial and operations) to both scale its impact and ensure the organization’s sustainability.
He/she/they will have the following personal and professional attributes:
• A postgraduate degree in law or other relevant social science discipline.
• Expertise in both environmental law (including natural resource and/or land law) and human rights law, especially with an African focus.
• 10 years of management expertise with at least 5 years in a leadership position; experience in managing organisations through a change process is a bonus.
• Experience with a broad spectrum of stakeholder engagement and management, ranging from partner communities to donors and government officials. In particular, a track record of working with indigenous peoples and/or local communities.
• Experience in government and international organisation advocacy.
• Familiarity with budgetary processes, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and the development of internal policies and strategic plans.
• Experience with managing and communicating with a board of trustees
• Ability to manage a diverse and geographically dispersed team and build consensus.
• Experience in fundraising is a must, with the ability to demonstrate fundraising success in previous professional setting.
• A track record in developing networks and setting up new collaborations and partnerships.
• Confident public speaking and excellent writing skills.
• A sense of humour.
• Fluency in English required, French an advantage; and
• Willingness to travel and work at the international level as well as with local organisations and communities in remote areas.
Explore More Ads from Natural Justice
3 months ago
02 Jun, 2023