About the Role
The Governance and Compliance Manager will design and facilitate the implementation of governance and risk management processes that aim to strengthen compliance of HH programmes by looking at the metrics of data quality assurance, provide reports that analyse trends on programme performance, collaborate with specialist team to identify and manage programme risks and enforce compliance to donor contracts and institutional policies. The incumbent will be responsible for providing quality reports to management to ensure that HH maintains a healthy and sustainable funding base. He/she will lead research to inform new programme design and enhance existing programme implementation strategies.
While managing governance and compliance the incumbent will foster an environment of accountability, excellence, collaboration, continuous improvement, and innovation while demonstrating fiscal responsibility.
Establish Higher Health Compliance Universe
- Collaborate with programme delivery partners to review existing and develop new programme policies, lead, and collaborate to design and implement guidelines and procedures that will assist HH to comply with interests of the Funders.
- Initiate activities that will assist HH to implement a quality management system.
- Ensure that programs are aligned to the HH Strategic Plan
- Ensure continuous risk assessment in donor funding and consistently evaluate and confirm that HH control environment is sufficient to address identified strategic and operational risks.
- Develop and implement compliance check points and report findings to management.
- Monitor contracts and ensure that HH is meeting its commitments across all funders.
Monitor Programme performance against approved contracts and MOUs
- Perform data quality checks based on defined metrics by each funder.
- Identify non delivery areas that may lead to litigation or loss of funding.
- Use reported data to provide management insight into critical risks as well as opportunities to improve efficiency of processes and guiding frameworks.
- Document and share best practice implementation strategies from HH programme delivery, internally and external.
- Devise improvements to standard operating procedures and tools for data collection in collaboration with programme delivery partners.
- Advise HH on the quality of performance indicators and recommend improvements where necessary.
- Continuously scan the environment and advise HH on systems and tools available for collection, management, and the use of performance data.
Champion interdepartmental Service Level Agreements to ensure timely delivery of strategic objectives
- Aggregate and desegregate organisational performance objectives, and ensure that departmental operational plans are designed to assist HH to achieve its targets within specified timeframes.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of Service Level Agreements and establish a guideline for dealing with non-delivery of shared targets.
- Monitor adherence to SLAs and establish a framework for non-delivery.
- Coordinate interdepartmental projects and ensure for each programme, clear roles and responsibilities between departments.
- Coordinate project management services for organisation wide projects
- Develop reporting indicators and tools to facilitate effective monthly reporting.
- Ensure effective project documentation and reports for Higher Health Executive Management, Board, funders, stakeholders etc.
- Manage the reporting service and establish a knowledge base for HH, with documented project concepts, process flows and standard operating procedures
- Provide quality assurance of HH reports to Funders including programme and financial reports
- Develop reporting tools and templates based on funder requirements
- Capacitate delivery staff on approved reporting protocols to improve the quality of reports to Management and Stakeholders
- Develop, communicate, and manage a plan to ensure timely submission of HH donor reports across all programmes.
- Routinely submit Management and Board reports as and when required.
- At least five 5 -10 years related experience
- Sound knowledge of the Higher Education environment to identify relevant role players within the organisation, particularly within the university space
- Project programme management experience
- Proven knowledge of HIV, health, and wellness among young people in South Africa
- Coordination and management of overlapping responsibilities
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of performance information for government and donor funded programmes will be advantageous
- Demonstrate evidence of quality assessment of reported data
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Strong project conceptualization, planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation skills
- Demonstrated administrative and communication skills
- A strong understanding of development programmes, including Higher Health Programmes
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Driver’s license
Interested applicants are invited to apply for the position and should submit an application/motivation letter, and CV and attach relevant qualifications to Recruitment@higherhealth.ac.za ; indicate the name of the position “Governance and Compliance Manager” and “Location” in the subject line.
Closing date: 12 May 2023
Should you not receive response within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.