- 1,411 Views
3 months ago
28 Jul, 2023
Click Learning deploys online English literacy and Numeracy programmes in under-privileged primary schools across South Africa. The programmes offer young learners the opportunity to work at their own pace through fun and enjoyable activities, navigating their learning journey by means of technology. In doing so, Click Learning is not only addressing the literacy and numeracy crisis but also equipping these young learners with the technological skills required for future success.
Click Learning has a reputation for implementation and delivery in the classroom, reaching 200,000 children by the end of 2022. We are very proud of this progress but we want to grow to reach millions of children in future and take our place as a shining example of foundational literacy and numeracy outcomes in the global education arena.
Based in Johannesburg – Click Learning seeks to appoint an
The Junior Accountant will be responsible for supporting the finance department in various tasks and processes to ensure the financial operations of the organisation run smoothly and accurately. The successful incumbent will also be responsible for cashbook maintenance, invoicing, purchase order creation and closing as well as certain debtors and creditors function. He/she will work closely with the financial accountant to ensure timeous and accurate payment of creditors, collection of debtors and month end processing.
The Junior Accountant/Bookkeeper will be responsible for the following duties:
- Bookkeeping : Recording financial transactions such as invoices, receipts, and payments accurately and timely.
- Data entry : Entering financial data into Xero and Dext or spreadsheets, reconciling accounts, and preparing financial reports.
- Accounts Payable : preparation of reconciliations and payment packs to vendors and other third parties, ensuring that invoices are received and processed on time, and managing purchase orders.
- Accounts Receivable : preparation of schedules and invoices, and following up with payment reminders.
- School payment project : responsible for setting up finance trackers, timeous invoicing, driving weekly payment meetings and LTSM audits
- Assist with Bank Reconciliation : ensuring that bank statements match the company's accounting records and identifying any discrepancies.
- Assist with Stock reconciliation : ensuring accurate processing of stock entries and working closely with procurement team to ensure stock balances and stock counts are performed timeously and accurately.
- Provide inputs to the bi-monthly VAT reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of supporting schedules for monthly management accounts and annual audit
The Junior Accountant/Bookkeeper must meet the following criteria:
- BCom Accounting or similar qualification.
- Minimum 1- 2 years accounting experience in a medium to large sized business
- Xero proficiency is non-negotiable.
- Strong excel skills required
- Experience working with project management tools like Asana and communication tools like Slack is beneficial.
- Strong sense of accuracy and efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Must be legally eligible to work full time in South Africa. Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 28 July 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org