- 1,819 Views
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
3 weeks ago
24 Nov, 2023
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the project’s M&E activities, including establishing and maintaining site level data quality and data management; overseeing routine data collection, entry, analysis, reporting and filing; building capacity of site level and provincial program staff on data use for decision making and use of electronic tools; working with provincial partners; and donor reporting, including adaptation of tools to facilitate reporting on required indicators. The M&E Assistant will work closely with members of the project team to support data-driven program performance monitoring and improvement efforts.
The Incumbent will be based in Ladysmith, and reports to the Senior SI Coordinator.
Key Performance Areas:
M&E system management & implementation
- Work in collaboration with M&E and project teams to implement M&E activities at district and provincial levels in line with organisational and donor requirements
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation of all M&E activities, including site level data collection, timely submission and reporting in DHIS2 and donor databases, data quality audit and improvement plans, report generation, analysis and interpretation
- Manage data entry and extractions as required for project monitoring
- Conduct periodic site data quality checks, identify and implement requisite interventions to ensure data quality and efficient data collection from site level.
- Coordinate the supply, production, and distribution of electronic and printed client management M&E tools for all m2m sites
Quality Improvement and Capacity Building
- Encourage and ensure the routine utilisation of m2m data at all levels
- Working with the Senior SI Coordinator and project team, provide routine (monthly, quarterly) programmatic data and analysis to inform identification of quality improvement needs and implement improvement plans. Facilitate routine programme reviews informed by data.
- Lead M&E training of Community Peer Mentors and Community Coordinators and provide ongoing capacity building on m2m M&E, data documentation, monthly data compilation and data quality check techniques.
- Develop and implement roll-out plans for newly developed tools
- Provide technical assistance to m2m frontline staff as well as provincial staff on use of electronic client management tools
- Conduct supportive supervision visits to facility and community staff, in coordination with program/technical staff.
Reporting and Project Support
- Support documentation of lessons learned, reporting, and presentation
- Lead M&E data reporting for donors/projects and internal reporting
- Participate in routine data compilation and reporting as required
- Support quarterly and annual programme evaluation exercises
- Work with the project team to ensure learning and replication of good practices, based on routine programme reviews
- Support other M&E activities as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Public Health, Social Sciences, Demography, Biostatistics)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in program monitoring and evaluation, with specific M&E experience in TB , RMNCH, HIV/AIDS, or other relevant public health/social science programmes
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation and management of M&E systems, involving capacity building for site-level staff, as well as monitoring and promotion of data quality and use of data for decision making and quality improvement
- Experience in programming and analysis of data using programs such as SAS, SPSS, Epi-Info, STATA or others
- Demonstrated experience in M&E reporting to USG/PEPFAR and other bilateral or multilateral donors strongly preferred
- Proven ability to mentor programme staff in M&E, data use for decision-making and quality improvement
- Sound knowledge of South African District Health Information Systems framework.
- Experience conducting data quality audits in the health sector
- Experience supporting the use of electronic client management tools strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a cross-functional project team
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work within a matrix management structure
- Strong analytical and creative thinking ability
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal, communication skills and collective problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local language
- Ability to work fast, but accurately
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to utilize basic computer programs effectively, including Microsoft Suite
- Proven ability to work as a team leader and as a team member with multidisciplinary teams
- Own transport and valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel nationally
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
To Apply:Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://mothers2mothers.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/995
by 24 November 2023.
Explore More Ads from Mothers2Mothers
Cape Town, Western Cape
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
3 weeks ago
24 Nov, 2023