- 1,688 Views
Ad typeOpportunity, Employment
IndustryHealthcare & Medical
2 months ago
28 Sep, 2023
The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. IHPS was established with a mission “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and, the vision is to ensure “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. IHPS is a current Global Fund (GF) Subrecipient (SR) under the National Department of Health (NDoH), tasked to implement the Tuberculosis (TB) Program in the Johannesburg (JHB) Health District in Gauteng Province (GP) and Kenneth Kaunda District in the North West (NW) Province starting April 2022 ending March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit for the position outlined below, to be based at the Head Office, supporting JHB Health District and Kenneth Kaunda District in the NW Province.
Contract Type : Fixed term contract
Anticipated start date : November 2023
Remuneration : R63 524.00 pm
Level of effort : 100%
Purpose of the position
The role of the Pharmacist (DP) is to provide overall coordination of the pharmaceutical services with a particular focus on TB and adjuvant medicines. The DP will work closely with the Department of Health (DoH) District Pharmacist and report directly to the assigned IHPS supervisor at the district level who will monitor day-to-day activities and approve timesheets. This position requires a good understanding of the medicine quantification, procurement, and supply chain management systems to ensure reliable procurement, storage, control, and distribution of quality medicines.
Key performance objectives
- Design, develop and manage a comprehensive activity plan with clear timeframes, outputs, and responsibilities
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation assessments against project objectives
- Support the development of district TB programme plans and ensure alignment with project plans
- Actively engage with relevant district and subdistrict stakeholders to ensure effective management of the TB programme, supervision, monitoring, and evaluation of the TB programme.
- Ensure knowledge and understanding of the Phuthuma programme, TB Tier.net, and coordination of pharmaceutical reports (monthly, quarterly, annual, etc.)
- Plan and coordinate health products supply including monitoring and evaluating drug supply and distribution, developing, and implementing standard procedures for drug management, identifying training needs, and developing delivery schedules.
- Monitor and appraise relevant project staff
- Conduct technical support visits to selected facilities and promote the institutionalization of quality assurance (QA) and clinical governance practices.
- Provide subdistrict level oversight and dispensing technical support at facility level
- Advocate for Good Pharmacy Practice (GPP) by ensuring efficient management of the storage facility areas and control access to storage areas
- Facilitate TB medicines treatment literacy and adherence
- Lead and manage adverse events (AE) monitoring, recording, and reporting of TB drugs facility level
- Support Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) projects such as SVS, CCMDD, Rx Solution, etc.
- Participate in the multidisciplinary pharmacovigilance meetings
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree and proof of current registration with SAPC
- Postgraduate degree in Clinical Pharmacy would be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a pharmacist after registration with the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC)
- Relevant experience in hospital pharmacy, retail sector, and NGO environment
- Management or supervisory experience
- Experience and knowledge of QI systems and project management
- Leadership and Generic management competencies and experience
- Sound knowledge of GPP, Medicine and Related Substance Act, and the Pharmacy Act
- Knowledge and experience in procurement, supply chain management (SCM), and inventory management
- Innovative thinking, initiative, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with the multidisciplinary team
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work irregular hours
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the Position and District you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 28 September 2023
Explore More Ads from IHPS
IndustryHealthcare & Medical
2 months ago
28 Sep, 2023