- 2,621 Views
3 weeks ago
24 Nov, 2023
The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. IHPS was established with a mission “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and, the vision is to ensure “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. IHPS is a current Global Fund (GF) Subrecipient (SR) under the National Department of Health (NDoH), tasked to implement the Tuberculosis (TB) Program in the Johannesburg (JHB) Health District in Gauteng Province (GP) and Kenneth Kaunda District in the North West (NW) Province starting April 2022 ending March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit for the position outlined below, to be based at Head Office.
Contract Type : Fixed term contract (ending March 2025)
Anticipated start date : December 2023
Remuneration : R33 387,21 pm
Level of effort : 100%
Purpose of the position
The incumbent shall be responsible for project administration functions as guided by the TB Program Manager as well as Finance Manager, and will provide programs, human resources (HR), finance and procurement administrative support.
Key Performance Areas
- Finance and Administration:
- Compile the necessary supporting documents to enable finance team to prepare comprehensive payment packs that contain all the required documents for creating a payment voucher e.g. attendance registers, travel requests, etc.
- Support the finance team to implement and maintain accurate finance record keeping and archiving systems.
- Administer petty cash transactions based on program and office needs, as guided by IHPS senior management.
- Manage office supplies, inventory, and equipment for efficient office operations, and oversee contracted cleaning services.
- Work closely with the Asset Administrator to ensure all assets are well maintained and accounted for.
- Provide fleet management support by ensuring that travel requests, trip authorizations and logbooks are accurately completed, as per IHPS Vehicle Management Policy.
- As directed by the Finance Manager, track vehicle maintenance schedules and service intervals to ensure all program vehicles are roadworthy.
- Work with line managers and finance to ensure all eligible employees receive their allocated monthly airtime/ data bundles on time.
- Support the procurement unit to source quotes for conferencing, accommodation, travel, and other expenses as required.
- As guided by the Procurement Officer, generate reports and data from the IHPS procurement system.
- HR and Payroll:
- Update and maintain a current employee contact list.
- Support the program and HR teams to ensure employee timesheets and leave forms are submitted on time.
- Work closely with the HR team to ensure employee information for payroll is up to date.
- Support the program and HR teams to distribute employee payslips and other administrative documents as appropriate.
- Other General Duties:
- Handle reception duties including managing incoming and outgoing calls, mail, and deliveries.
- Coordinate and support program meetings by preparing/ sending out meeting invitations, drafting agendas, organizing transport/ accommodation, and taking the minutes, as necessary.
- Organize and coordinate travel logistics and accommodation for the program staff and relevant stakeholders, in accordance with the IHPS Travel Policy.
- Support the implementation of a proper programs record keeping, filing, and archiving system that allows for easy retrieval of program documents/ information.
- Support program staff in processing travel and other reimbursement claims, as applicable.
- Any other duties as assigned by IHPS senior management.
- National Diploma/ NQF Level 6 qualification
- Advanced qualifications in administration would be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 3 - 5years project administration experience
- Computer literacy incl proven Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PP, etc.) proficiency
- Demonstrated experience of working in donor funded projects e.g., Global Fund, PEPFAR, etc.
- Valid driver's licence (Code 8 minimum)
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary program teams
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Responsive and proactive
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision.
- Effective time management, organizing and coordination skills.
- Meticulous and paying attention to detail.
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
- Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position and location you are applying for, and a cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached.
- Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
- Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 24 November 2023
Explore More Ads from IHPS
3 weeks ago
24 Nov, 2023