3 months ago
23 Nov, 2023
The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. IHPS was established with a mission “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and, the vision is to ensure “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”. IHPS is a current Global Fund (GF) Subrecipient (SR) under the National Department of Health (NDoH), tasked to implement the Tuberculosis (TB) Program in the Johannesburg (JHB) Health District in Gauteng Province (GP) and Kenneth Kaunda District in the Northwest (NW) Province starting April 2022 ending March 2025. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit for the position outlined below, to be based at Johannesburg Health District.
Contract Type : Fixed term contract
Anticipated start date : December 2023
Remuneration : R47 393,51
Level of effort : 100%
The Radiographer will be responsible for providing a high standard of radiographic chest x-ray imaging, including the use of artificial intelligence (AI) for reading images whilst ensuring that patients receive high-quality care and linkage to appropriate services. The Radiographer will have to communicate effectively with facility-based outreach teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality service.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure clients sign the consent forms before X-ray exposure.
- Ensure that the Ionizing Radiation (for Medical Exposure) Regulations are adhered to.
- Record accurate patient information relating to dose and use of consumables.
- Keep accurate patient records including recording radiation dose and exposure factors.
- Provides support and reassurance to patients who may be unwell or have barriers to understanding.
- Acquire sound knowledge of the digital chest X-ray (DCXR) equipment used to be aware of malfunctions and errors and to report them.
- Participate in the district/ subdistrict and facility level forums to develop operational plans for the deployment of the mobile DCXR.
- Maintain effective working relationships with outreach teams and facility staff.
- Liaise with the Radiologist for diagnostic and technical advice and support.
- Support referral and linkage to care for incidental CXR findings not requiring presumptive TB testing.
- Work with the team to ensure that all data is collected and verified to ensure data quality.
- Lead and manage the setting up and preparations for daily activities.
- Supervise the DCXR team (Driver-data capturer, ENA) to ensure high quality day-to-day direct service delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma / bachelor’s degree in Diagnostic Radiography
- Current registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Radiographer
- Private Practice Number will be an added advantage.
- Willing to travel and work after hours.
- A valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, skills, and competencies
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mentorship and capacity building skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and district/ subdistrict management team.
- Good interpersonal skills
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the Position and District you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 23 November 2023
Explore More Ads from IHPS
3 months ago
23 Nov, 2023
Our Top Recruiters
Get to know the top recruiters and talent acquisition specialists who are dedicated to helping you find your next career move, freelance gig, or internship opportunity.
Get New Jobs Notification!
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. Subscribe to get our latest content by email. We respect your privacy, Unsubscribe at any time.