Meyerton Child Welfare’s (CWSA) vision is to create a caring community that protects all of the children, meeting their needs for love, safety and opportunity. The core business of Child Welfare South Africa – Meyerton is child protection. The organisation achieves this through awareness, prevention, early intervention, statutory intervention, alternative care family reunification services.
Meyerton Child Welfare seeks to appoint a Chief Social Worker, based in Johannesburg.
Area Manager: Sedibeng/East Rand Region
Child Welfare South Africa: Gauteng Provincial Office.
- Minimum of five years experience as a Chief Social Worker in the Child Protection Service Environment;
- Previous supervision experience as a supervisor will be an advantage;
- Registration at SACSSP;
- Valid driver’s license ;
- Must be computer literate;
- Punctual and committed;
- Candidate should be proficient in English. Additional languages will be an advantage;
- Assisting other staff members when needed;
- Leadership qualities;
- Ability to work independently:
- Proof of South African Police clearance certificate:
- Experience in respect of Child protection service in terms of the Children’s Act (knowledge of skills with regard to statuary procedures) and the other to related legislation with regards to children and families:
The salary will be based on subsidy from the Gauteng Department of Social Development.
Only serious candidates should apply. No Auxiliary workers.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to Helen Ludick at email@example.com
Closing date for application : 11 April 2022
To start : 2 May 2022