The South African Young Men’s Association (SAYMCA) is a Non-Profit Organisation with a Vision of Developing a Young person for Life, Leadership and Service.
The SAYMCA strives to empower young people by creating an enabling environment towards the development of their full potential, irrespective of their sex; religion and social background. Inspired by, and faithful to Christian values, we create supportive and energising communities that are open to all, where young people can truly belong, contribute, and thrive.
As part of the Global body through World Alliance and Africa Alliance of YMCAs, the SAYMCA is committed to offer support to YMCA local associations that are committed to building young people and communities by providing programs based on five basic character values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND NEC EXPECTATIONS: In addition to Change Leadership, Collaboration, Philanthropy and Volunteerism, the National Executive Council believes its new NGS/CEO should be an experienced leader who has the background and qualities that will permit him or her to achieve excellence in the following roles:
• Advocate the vision of the YMCA and be the heart and soul of the operation by being an ambassador for the mission, cause and vision for the YMCA within the community and be seen and respected as a leader, with the ability to develop and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders, while always upholding the highest standards of the values of the YMCA’s heritage.
• Develop and implement a strategic plan by working effectively with volunteers, Lay Leaders and key staff to create and develop a strategic roadmap that addresses the needs of SAYMCA with defined organizational strategies.
• Develop and implement Social Entrepreneurial strategies by prioritizing transformative social impact while striving for financial sustainability.
• Nurture a mission-driven culture by Champion a culture of inclusion, integrity, character and life- long learning within the YMCA organization that reinforces, encourages, and promotes values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
• Caused-driven leadership by inspiring and mobilizing staff, volunteers, members, community members and community partners to strengthen communities.
• Drive operating performance by engaging the National Executive Council and staff to develop an annual tactical plan for achieving key YMCA goals and objectives.
• Resource Acquisition by leading the process of preparing funding proposals, including Grants and Corporate donors.
• Fiscal management – Ensuring the Association’s financial resources are properly managed and report the organization’s financial position.
• To manage relationship with YMCA National Associations, the African Alliance and World
Alliance of the YMCAs.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Management/Business /Community Development or a related field, non-negotiable;
• Minimum 10 Years of Senior Level Management experience in a high-profile position, Planning, Managing and Implementing Organisational Business Plans.
• Must have substantial Leadership experience as a National General Secretary/CEO.
• Significant experience in overseeing and implementing operations functions, managing complex projects and managing Senior Staff.
• A proven track record of NPO Management
• In depth experience of negotiating with and managing third parties.
• Extensive Budgetary experience.
• Valid Driver’s Licence and own transport.
• Salary & Benefits will commensurate with similar roles in the NPO sector
• Applications will be accepted until the 7th February 2022
• To Apply: Email: email@example.com
• Interested candidates are requested to submit the following with their application:
o A Cover Letter;
o Curriculum Vitae;
o Three professional references which will be checked on final candidates only with prior
• Correspondence will be only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.