Conservation South Africa, (CSA)
Conservation South Africa, (CSA) as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development—one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation- based economic growth models and long-term human well-being.
Based in Johannesburg or Kruger to Canyons Biosphere (Hoedspruit/Acornhoek/Thulamashe), Conservation South Africa seeks to appoint a
The Finance Administrator will report to the Junior Finance Manager based in Cape Town. This is a 12-month contract position with renewal dependent on funding availability and performance. To support the Junior Finance Manager working out of the CSA offices.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Required to become familiar with the financial systems and controls utilized by CSA.
- Play a supporting role in creation and approval of vendors, processing invoices and matching payments in our finance software – Unit 4 Business World, ensure month end deadlines are met for the various offices.
- Receipt of documents for processing in various landscapes
- Review documents for Landscapes prior to processing invoices in our accounting software, to ensure all information is supplied correctly and procurement process is adhered to
- Should be meticulous in scrutinizing payments before processing and follow up on missing documentation/queries where necessary
- A key function in this role provides feedback and guidance to the Finance Coordinators/Junior Finance Manager on any compliance issues arising
- Create new suppliers in our accounting software
- Process/capture supplier invoices, credit notes, and upload all supporting documents in our accounting software
- Reference invoices when processed
- Process adjustments in Accounts Payable module when required
- Liaise with Managers regarding all approvals
- Prepare Manual Pay Template and allocate references
- Load new beneficiaries in our online banking system
- Load payment batches in our online banking system
- Prepare Weekly Payment Schedule and Update Monthly payment Batches
- Prepare a Payment Pack with all relevant supporting documents as required
- Submit payment batches for review and payment release
- Check payments on Bank Statement after release and reference them
- Forward Proof of Payments to Supplier
- Be prepared to take on and assist with additional activities as they arise within the Finance Team
- Attend finance meetings
- Accurate submission of monthly timesheet.
- Assist in maintenance of online finance files to ensure that they are audit ready.
- Be prepared to take on additional activities as they arise, due to the growing nature of projects.
The Finance Administrator must meet the following criteria:
- National Diploma in Accounting or related qualification
- Minimum of 3 years bookkeeping/accounting experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in MS Office programmes with good Excel knowledge
- Ability and experience required to administer and execute financial processes and transactions.
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills, ability to be pro-active and use initiative
- Be assertive, deadline driven, able to handle pressure and dynamic to change.
- Meticulous, attention to detail and accurate
- Logical thinker
- A good team player
- Experience in working in a team based in different locations.
- Experience in the NGO sector, preferably in an international NGO
- Previous experience in working on complex finance systems would be an advantage
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com