SANGONeT’s mission is to support the effective use of ICTs in Southern African CSOs by providing quality services and initiatives. We exist for the purpose of facilitating access, sharing information, building capacity, raising awareness, enhancing reach and impact, and linking people and organisations through the use of ICTs in Southern Africa.
Sangonet seeks to appoint temporary Information Officer to be based in Johannesburg.
Purpose of the Position:
Ensure the provision and access of online platform services for NGOs in relation to vacancies, opportunities, data base and events within the sector, and current relevant news.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Receive, edit and post vacancies, opportunities, events and NGO services:
· Edit received job advertisements;
· Post Opportunities Adverts;
· Post Banners on NGO Pulse;
Conduct desktop research:
Update content of the NGO Pulse Portal:
· ICT News and issues for publicizing in Newsletter
· News about Development Opportunities and Events;
· Information on NGOs to add to Database and Directory;
Manage the SANGONET Social Media Platforms:
· Monitor posts and respond to discussions
· Edit and Post adverts and articles on Social Media Platforms
· Liaise with Social Media management consultants
· Diploma or Certificate in IT
· Diploma or Certificate (Digital Marketing)
· Must have strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to communicate with Clients
· Understanding of Microsoft Products, Gmail and Google Apps
· Sales skills and experience will be an added advantage
· Verbal communication and team working skills.
· Be a team player and be able to communicate with other staff members
· Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems
· Candidate must have an understanding of general web functions and standards
· Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
· Ability to work under pressure, self-motivated, and able to work without being supervised;
· Demonstrate initiative and be innovative;
· Understanding the Business Development principles, and demonstrate abilities to boost the organization’s market share in the ICT sector.
· Skilled in Marketing, Communications, and abilities to negotiate with clientele.
Closing Date for applications: 18 May 2022
To apply, email your application letter, CV and supporting documents to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
SANGONeT offers the ideal candidate the opportunity to grow personally and professionally in a stable and stimulating work environment.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SANGONeT reserves the right not to make any appointment.
For more about SANGONeT, refer to www.sangonet.net
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.net/vacancies