LITTLE EDEN is a registered non-profit organisation [001-827 NPO] and PBO [No.930/0000/03] providing life-long care to 300 children and adults with profound intellectual disability in two custom designed residential facilities – Domitilla and Danny Hyams Home in Edenvale, and Elvira Rota Village, in Bapsfontein.
We believe that no matter how profoundly disabled a person may be, he or she is still a whole complete being, with a body; a mind; a spirit and a soul.
Our special children may not experience the world in the same way that we do, but they have so much to teach us! From them we learn about the power of the human spirit, the joy to be found in simple achievements, the satisfaction of caring for those who are weaker than ourselves, love that seeks no reward.
Based in Johannesburg, Little Eden seeks to appoint a SENIOR FUNDRAISING OFFICER
The Senior Fundraising Officer will be responsible for research, proposal writing and expanding the fundraising and donor base of Little Eden. This is a full-time position and reports to the Business Development Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Researching new prospects
- Writing research proposals
- Expanding fundraising and donor base
- Donor stewardship – retaining existing donor relations
- Developing fundraising events
- Organising campaigns that will lead to donations
- Report writing – both external at a high level and internal
- Remain up to date with fundraising trends
The Senior Fundraising Officer must meet the following criteria:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification (A qualification in Communications/PR/Sales and Marketing would be advantageous)
- Five years experience in a fundraising capacity with 12+ years work experience post-matric
- Experience in donor development and relationship management in the NGO sector
- Demonstrated experience in support of the funding cycle from identification of prospects, to the development of proposals, to reporting and relationship management
- Experience in supporting management in the development and implementation of a business development strategy
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholders and donor relationships – experience dealing with corporate donors and CSI funding
- Must have the presence and communication skills to deal with senior representatives/executives of donor organisations
- Budget and financial understanding is required
- MS Office knowledge is required, specifically MS Word, PowerPoint, Intermediate Excel and Outlook as well the confidence in utilizing platforms such as Teams and Zoom
- Must have a vibrant and warm personality and be well-groomed
- Police clearance certificate and a clear credit record are required for this position
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com