Tekano Health Equity
Tekano Health Equity
3rd Floor The District 41 Sir Lowry Road, Woodstock Cape Town South Africa, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Request for Proposals:
Consulting Services for "Unlocking Knowledge: A festival of learning from fellowship initiatives focussed on leadership for social change.”
Tekano Health Equity wishes to cohost a festival of learning in 2024, together with other fellowship initiatives that are focussed on leadership development for social change. We seek the services of an experienced consultant with appropriate experience and track record to collaborate in the co-development, design, and implementation of this festival of learning, with fellowship programmes across South Africa focussed on social justice, and/or community/social movement mobilization.
Tekano Health Equity, is a non-profit organisation with the vision of an equitable South African society with improved health status across all populations. Tekano fosters dynamic, visionary, value-based leaders working in catalytic communities of learning and action who articulate, convey and act to promote health equity.
Tekano advances its vision through a Fellowship Programme which annually recruits 15 – 25 Fellows who work together to advocate to address the social and structural determinants that drive health inequities. These Fellows then become part of a lifelong alumni network and continuously work with Tekano in catalytic communities to bring about health equity change.
We would like to invite proposals from experienced consultants or consulting companies to collaborate on the co-development, design, and implementation of a festival of learning, with Fellowship Programmes across South Africa focussed on social justice, and/or community/social movement mobilization.
About the festival of learning
Under the theme "Unlocking Knowledge: A festival of learning from fellowship initiatives focussed on leadership for social change,” this learning festival aims to be a vibrant, collaborative platform for knowledge exchange and community empowerment, focusing on health equity and social justice. The festival will serve as a catalyst for stakeholders to share insights, experiences, and best practices within the health equity sphere on what approaches work best to support the leadership development needs of those at the forefront of social change and social justice.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing: The primary objective is to create a platform for knowledge sharing and dissemination, allowing participants from various fellowship programs across South Africa, to present their insights and experiences, fostering interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Foster collaboration: To facilitate meaningful interactions and collaborations among participants, enabling them to learn from one another and share valuable insights.
Scope of Services:
The successful consultant/consulting company will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with Tekano Health Equity to co-develop and design the festival's structure, content, and activities, aligning with the festival's theme and objectives.
- Conduct a scoping exercise of similar Fellowship Programmes in South Africa, aligning with Tekano's mission, vision and Fellowship objectives.
- Assisting in the successful implementation of the festival, ensuring its seamless operation and execution.
- Contributing expertise in the creation of interactive workshops, discussions, and hands-on activities that foster knowledge sharing and interdisciplinary collaboration, meeting the festival's objectives.
- Supporting logistics planning, including venue selection, registration processes, and accommodation arrangements.
- Offering innovative ideas and best practices to ensure maximum participant engagement and learning outcomes, contributing to the festival's overall success.
Skills and expertise
- Master’s Degree in any social science discipline, preferably including community development, social research and monitoring and evaluation
- Technical skills in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Strong technical capability and experience in telling stories of change
- Experience in organising events/conferences/workshops
- Experience in providing monitoring, evaluation and learning consulting services
- Experience working in the areas of social justice, advocacy, health equity and/or community development
- Exceptional communication and organisation skills
- Ability to respond to comments and questions in a timely, appropriate manner
- Experience in delivering outputs on time and budget
Interested consultants/consulting companies are asked to submit the following to support their candidature
- Your understanding of the brief and why you feel you are well-placed to advise us on this. Please also provide your proposed approach and methodology for co-developing, designing, and executing the festival of learning in alignment with the theme and objectives.
- Credentials: Please showcase any previous work and experience in organising similar events or providing MEL consulting services in health equity, community development or relevant areas that you consider applicable to what we are trying to achieve. Describe the qualifications, experience, and capabilities of the consultant or consulting company in providing the requested services (CV/Profile).
- Detailed approach to the organising of the festival
- Overview of outputs you would ensure are produced to document the insights
- Any additional relevant information or creative ideas that could enhance the festival's impact.
- Financial proposal outlining the budget for the services offered.
- References – Provide at least three references for similar contracts with a description of the service provided, the value of the contract, and the contract periods of performance.
- Terms of reference published: 9 th November 2023
- Deadline for questions/clarifications: 16 th November 2023
- Deadline for responses from Tekano : 20 th November 2023
- Proposal submission: 27 th November 2023
- Consultant(s) selection, contracting and briefing: December 2023
- Project Commencement: 1 st January 2024
How to apply
Please submit proposals, as described above, via email to email@example.com by the 27 th of November, at midnight latest. Please mark your email with the subject line, "Proposal Submission: Learning Festival Consulting Services."
Tekano Health Equity reserves the right to determine the structure of the process, number of short-listed participants, the right to withdraw from the proposal process, the right to change this timetable at any time without notice and reserves the right to withdraw this tender at any time, without prior notice and without liability to compensate and/or reimburse any party. Tekano shall inform ONLY successful applicant(s). The process of negotiation and signing of the contract with the successful applicant(s) will follow.
Our Top Recruiters
Get to know the top recruiters and talent acquisition specialists who are dedicated to helping you find your next career move, freelance gig, or internship opportunity.
Get New Jobs Notification!
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. Subscribe to get our latest content by email. We respect your privacy, Unsubscribe at any time.